As the vegetarian recipe of roasted red pepper tomato is super fast, you can make this easy weekend supper soup. Moreover, while adding ricotta in this soup, it becomes creamy and rich. As a result, it’s a rich and satisfying soup along with great roasted tomato flavor. When you put it into a wide-mouth thermos to keeps it cold for a picnic, it’s nice hot or at room temperature as well. With a few easy and tasty additions it livens up a tomato soup. The additions are such as a spoonful of ricotta. Besides, it comes with a classic comfort food along with a low-calorie, healthy option. Okay, let’s know what you to prepare this vegetarian recipe need and how.
- Total: 1 hr
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Level: Easy
What Do You Need for the Vegetarian Recipe?
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions when it’s chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 carrots which are peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic when they’re cloves, chopped
- 1 russet potato, which is peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves which are chopped fresh
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 (12-ounce) jars roasted red bell peppers preserved in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 16 (3/4-inch thick) baguette slices cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes
How to Make the Vegetarian Recipe?
- In a heavy large pot over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Put the onions, garlic, carrots, and thyme and continue sauteing either the onions are translucent, or about 5 minutes. Now, put the broth, potato, wine, bell peppers, and sugar.
- Take to a simmer over high heat and then decrease the heat to medium-low. Partly cover and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, and continue stirring occasionally about 30 minutes. Make the soup slightly cool.
- Puree the soup in the pot until it is smooth while using an immersion hand blender. Or, puree the soup in a regular blender while working in batches and taking care when blending warm liquids. To taste, season the soup with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, make hot the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Put the bread cubes and then sauté until they are golden and crisp about 8 minutes.
- Take out the soup into bowls. In the center of each bowl and top with croutons do dollop a tablespoon of mascarpone. Finally, sprinkle with pepper, serve and enjoy!