This salmon recipe for cakes is crisp on the outer surface with tasty bites of flaked salmon. Wow, amazingly Yummy! So, try this simple favorite if you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for good health. This is mostly salmon that makes every bite as a treat! Besides, these salmon cakes always disappear fast and are well loved by the kids and older as well. This is why you’ll love it because there isn’t a hint of fishiness in them. Also, it’s a great way to use convenient either canned or leftover salmon where the tasty dill sauce provides a tart balance. But, it’s a smart way to use up leftover cooked salmon, which worth an extra 10 minutes it takes to roast salmon just for this recipe.
Besides, this salmon recipe for cakes is not only the easy recipe but, as it’s said above this is full of Omega-3s, healthy recipe as well. Now, let’s see what you need and how to prepare this recipe.
Quick Notes on Salmon Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
What You Need for Salmon Recipe
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained, or 1½ cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1¾ cups fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Creamy Dill Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
How to Make the Salmon Recipe
- In the beginning, you have to preheat your oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Use a large nonstick skillet and heat 1½ teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Put celery and onion then cook them with stirring about 3 minutes. Before of removing from the heat, stir in parsley.
- Now, take a medium-sized bowl so that you can place salmon. Peel apart with a fork to remove bones and skin. Put egg and mustard and mix well. Add the mixture of onion, breadcrumbs, and pepper and mix them well. You have to shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2½ inches wide.
- In the pan over medium heat, heat up remaining 1½ teaspoons oil. Put 4 patties and cook until the undersides are golden, which may need 2 or 3 minutes. Turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet while using a wide spatula. Also, repeat with the remaining patties as you did for the first 4s.
- Now, bake the salmon cakes either for15 to 20 minutes or until golden on top and heated through. And your favorite salmon recipe for cakes is ready to serve.