Grilled chicken wings get much better when they are marinated with tasty lemon pepper. So, this easy and healthy grilled lemon pepper chicken recipe is tastier than you think. When overnight marinated chicken wings are cooked on the grill, it takes an amazing smokey flavor. Moreover, when something tasty is cooking on the grill, the amazing aroma surrounds the house. You can start drooling the seconds the coals are ready, particularly when they are mesquite coals. You’ll get something special if meats and veggies are cooked on the grill. So we ditch the old fifty-fifty grill that’s a long coal grill and nice as well. Because these grilled lemon pepper chicken wings, they are perfect for BBQ parties. So, let’s know what you need and how to make this healthy recipe for chicken wings.
Quick Notes of Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Marinading time: 10 hours
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 552 kcal
What You Need for Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Marinade:
- 5 lemons juice and zest
- 1 tbsp black pepper that is fresh and cracked
- 1/4 cup vinegar that is white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 lbs chicken wings and drummettes
- Veggie basket for the grill
- Cooking spray
- Gallon zip-lock bag
How to Make Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- Mix together with lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper, oil, vinegar, and salt in a gallon size zip-lock bag. Then close and shake so that they mix.
- To the bag, add wings and drumettes and then push out most of the air and close the bag. Now, spread the marinade and wings uniformly in the bag. Refrigerate overnight while placing it on a large plate.
- Farthest away from the grilling surface so that the outside of the wings isn’t cooked too fast after setting the coals are to the lowest level. Set the grill temperature to almost 350 degrees.
- Place wings on the grease the veggie basket with some cooking spray. In one, even layer spread them out.
- With the grill lid closed Cook wings but to ensure even cooking check often to rotate and flip the wings.
- They should take about 20-25 minutes to cook but that’s depending on the thickness of the wings and drumettes. If they are very small drumettes, they will be ready faster. So, you have to take them off or move them off the coal side.