American Lasagna recipe needs to be done the day before your service and requires overnight refrigeration. The flavor is an exception to another American food item. The preparation takes 2 hours and food value serves 664 calories.
- One and a half pounds of beef (grated)
- One onion (chopped)
- Two cloves of garlic (minced)
- One tablespoon of basil (fresh and chopped)
- One teaspoon of oregano (dried)
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar
- One and a half teaspoon of salt
- One can of diced tomatoes
- Two cans of tomato paste
- Twelve lasagna noodles (dry)
- Two beaten eggs
- One pint of half-skimmed ricotta cheese
- Half cup of Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Two tablespoons of parsley (dried)
- One teaspoon of salt
- One pound of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Tow tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Cook beef with garlic, onion over medium heat, add brown sugar, salt (according to taste) basil, tomatoes (both minced and paste) and oregano. Keeping cooking in low heat and later simmer for half an hour. Keep stirring occasionally with a spatula while cooking.
- Heat oven at 400° F. Taka a medium pot and add lasagna noodles in water, add a pinch of salt and cook for some time until tender and strain water well.
- Now make a mixture of cheese, ricotta, eggs, parsley and salt.
- Make a layer of noodles in a 9-inch x 13-inch dish. Spread the previous mixture over it, now spread half of mozzarella cheese and one-third of the sauce. Repeat the same. Spread the remaining noodles on the top along with the sauce. The make a layer of remaining Parmesan Cheese onto it.
- Bake it in the oven for half an hour. Wait 15 minutes before serving.