This is an amazing best chicken paprikash recipe that’s really delicious while using the fresh paprika. It’ll make all the difference if you trust us. Also, this is tasty one-pot rich and creamy with sour cream. As a result, it’s delicious and serves with mash or rice. This is because this healthy recipe version of chicken paprika takes a few extra steps so that you get the best possible flavor. When you’re adding gelatin to chicken broth gives it a richer mouthfeel while searing the chicken produces a more complex sauce. Although the recipe is somehow difficult than your average chicken paprikash, it results well worth the attempt. You know spices lose their flavor over time, however, few as fast as paprika. It starts out tasting of pepper and sunshine, but it goes down in a few months to bitterness.
But, for this recipe, sweet or hot Hungarian paprika is best and gets some new at the market. This is the dish that pairs superbly with butter-slicked egg noodles. These all make it not only tasty but healthy recipe as well. Okay, let’s know what we need for this chicken paprikash recipe and how to prepare it along with some quick notes.
Quick Notes of Chicken Paprikash Recipe
- Preparation time: less than 30 Minutes
- Cooking time: 1 to 2 hours
- Serves: 6
What You Need for Chicken Paprikash Recipe
- 1 large chicken (or use 2 large chicken legs and 2 breasts, halve)
- knob butter
- 1 onion that is chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 large ripe tomatoes that are roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika, or 1 tbsp that is sweet and hot paprika
- 285ml/½pint chicken stock
- 3 tbsp flatleaf parsley that is chopped fresh
- 2 red peppers, seeds aloof and cut into 1cm/0.5in strips
- 250ml/8fl oz sour cream
How to Prepare Chicken Paprikash Recipe
- At first, rub the pieces of chicken with salt. Use a large heavy-bottom pan so that you can heat the oil and for a few minutes brown the chicken. Set aside the chicken after removing from the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat for about 5 minutes to the same pan. Then, add the paprika first and then flour stir until combined but remember not to burn them.
- Now, stir adding the stock. Adding a bit more stock if the mixtures seem too dry Return the chicken pieces to the pan.
- Bring to the boil after adding half of the parsley. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes adding the red pepper strips.
- Simmer gently for about 1 hour after stirring in the tomatoes.
- Remove the pan from the heat when the chicken is cooked. Now, stir in the sour cream and the remaining parsley. Before of serving check the seasoning.