Today’s recipe is the world’s best Italian Lasagna recipe, which is one of the best Italian recipes. As it’s a delicious adaptation, it marries an old family lasagna recipe with a version that it used to make so many years ago. This is a classic Italian lasagna recipe with wonderful taste. It’s nothing too fancy, only the pasta layers along with meat sauce, mozzarella and a ricotta cheese mixture. Moreover, it’s one that everybody should have in their own recipe collection!
Besides, when lasagna is made properly, it’s the dish of communicating beauty. You’ll be surprised because it’s one of the most favorite Italian food serving dishes in the world. But, you’ll find a large difference between genuine lasagna as well as the frozen stuff you get from the store. That’s why we’re providing this world’s best Italian lasagna recipe. As a result, let us describe what you need to prepare this easy pasta recipe and how to do it.
Prep Time: 30 m
Cook Time: 2 h 30 m
Ready In: 3 h 15 m
What You Need for this Italian Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1/2 cup onion when it’s minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounces) can tomatoes when they are crushed
- 2 (6.5 ounces) cans canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley when it’s chopped
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Make this Italian Lasagna Recipe
- Cook sausage, onion, ground beef, and garlic over medium heat until well browned in a Dutch oven. Mix up the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water. Season with basil, sugar, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, pepper, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Cook it with cover for about one and half hours along with stirring infrequently.
- Use a big pot of lightly salted water so that you can boil it. You have to cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for up to 10 minutes. Then, drain noodles, and clean with cold water. Combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl.
- Now, you have to use a preheated oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce to assemble, in the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Put 6 noodles along the length over meat sauce and spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Now, top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices.
- Spoon one and a half cups meat sauce over mozzarella and add with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. You have to repeat layers and top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Wrap with foil so that you can prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or ensure the foil doesn’t touch the cheese.
- Next, bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes and then remove foil. Bake it again for another 25 minutes. Finally, make it cool for 15 minutes before serving.