This is traditional Italian bread. The specialty is the bread is prepared with dried up tomatoes. Tomato Focaccia Bread serves 218 calories. The preparation takes only 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Quarter cup of dried up tomatoes
- Three cups of ordinary flour (for bread making)
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Two teaspoons of yeast (rapid rise type)
- Six tablespoons of olive oil
- Two-third cup of warm water (not boiled)
- Three tablespoons of sea salt
- One tablespoon of basil (fresh and chopped)
- One tablespoon of thyme
- Take sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl, put warm water; cover it and let it soak for around 10 to 15 minutes. Strain and chop the tomatoes and put aside.
- Now take a large bowl. Mix flour with salt, yeast and olive oil; add warm water and tomatoes. Mix it well. Make dough on rolling with the surface of flour spread on it. Cover the dough and leave this way for 15 minutes.
- Give the dough a shape of 7 x 11 inch and put on the slightly oiled sheet and make some 15 to 20 impressions on the dough by pressing your fingers. Now cover in wrapping plastic and leave it a bit warmer place. It should be double in size if you allow 45 minutes.
Make your oven heat at 400° F. Now brush the dough on both sides with olive oil, spread basil, thyme and a bit of sea-salt. Bake the dough in pre heat oven until the color takes brown. You should allow 20 to 30 minutes for this.