It’s quick, easy, light, and yummy tasty the simple and easy recipe of couscous with chicken, lemon, and peas. This will make you very happy when you can use all these words in a single recipe. When you’ll be eating, you’ll feel like spring in a bowl along with the lemon, peas, and chicken. This is simple and fresh and it is super quick, particularly when you let the grocery store cook the chicken! You can adapt the dish with an easy handle just about any vegetable that you want to throw into the pot. It is simple and light because it comes with lemon, peas, and couscous.
As it is a simple and easy recipe, its ingredients are also simple. So, don’t take too lightly the lemon juice, chicken broth, and lemon zest. Although it is a simple dish, the combination of the scallions and lemon juice add bright, fresh flavors to the sauce. And, it really elevates this couscous with chicken and peas to something special and your family will love definitely! Okay, let’s know what you need and how to make this simple and easy recipe of couscous with chicken, lemon, and peas.
Quick Notes of this Simple and Easy Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Yields: 4 Servings
What Do You Need for this Simple and Easy Recipe?
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- One & half Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion when it’s finely diced
- 2 wide strips of lemon peel along with an additional zest for garnish
- 1 clove garlic when it’s minced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup peas when it’s frozen
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 Tbsp parsley when it’s chopped
- Salt and pepper
How to Make this Simple and Easy Recipe?
- Take out of the skin and bones of 1/2 a rotisserie chicken. Set them aside when the meat is shredded. Set aside any dripping from the carton. Over medium-high heat, you have to heat butter and olive oil. Adding onion and cook until softened, stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Now, adding broth and drippings to pan bring to boil. Return to a boil stirring in lemon peel and peas. Continue stirring in couscous and add chicken. Covering it turn the heat off and let it sit for 7 minutes.
- Next, put lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. Serve with garnishing with parsley and additional lemon zest while dividing into bowls.