This is the Caribbean nut cake recipe, which is rich in flavor and makes you deeply satisfied. You can’t wait for the Christmas because you’ll love it to eat these delightful concoctions any time. As you can do it year round, but sometimes you can make them in form of very similar to steamed pudding. Even if you don’t have browning sugar, you can use TBSP of chicory coffee instead. As a result, this Caribbean nut cake is one of the awesome cooking recipes that are easy to prepare as well.
When you’ll travel to the Caribbean islands, perhaps you can get the taste of nut cake that’s famous here. Unfortunately, you’ll not find these nut cakes regularly in the northern latitudes. But, you must not worry because this recipe is the closest to the real Jamaican thing. Moreover, this is also an appetizing clone of the thick rum cakes, which you’ll find them during the holidays and only in the Italian markets. This is because you can make it in your home; we’re sharing the Caribbean nut cake recipe below:
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour
SERVINGS: 4 servings
Ingredients for Caribbean Nut Cake
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 (20oz) can pineapple when it’s crushed and undrained.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 (12oz) can milk that’s evaporated.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups coconut when it’s shredded
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
Instructions for Cake
- You have to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon and then mix well with a wire whisk.
- Now, take a small bowl where you have to pour pineapple, add vanilla, eggs, and melted butter.
- Put in bananas to pineapples mixture along with mix with the spatula.
- Add the bananas and pineapple to the dry ingredients; after that mix them well with a spatula.
- Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Instructions for Frosting
- You have to mix butter, milk, sugar, and coconut and boil them on top of the stove.
- To keep from burning, you must stir it constantly.
- Boil about five minutes or stop boiling when it thickens.
- Take out it from heat then fold in nuts.
- Keep it about 10 to 12 minutes before adding on the cake.
- If you are not serving promptly simply refrigerate them.