Pulled Pork Recipe is great among the selected recipes for a great entertainment. You also make it for the family birthday party and you’ll find it’s working perfectly. This is one of the best BBQ sandwich recipes comes with complete entertainment for your friends and family members. Just follow the recipe without any changes and get a perfect pulled pork BBQ sandwich. As it comes with a slow-cooker recipe, you need about 18 hours get its delicious taste. Anyways, you can try this one and then you’ll say its great and healthy recipe!
- 4 lbs of pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup of ginger ale
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) of favorite barbecue sauce (i.e. Sweet Baby Ray’s)
Pulled Pork Recipes Directions:
- Make a slice of one onion and put it in the crockpot.
- Place them in the roast, covering with a slice. Put one cup of ginger oil. Cover it and cook on Low/ slow for up to 12 hours. Follow Note 2 below for different times needed.
- Discard all liquid removing the meat and strain to save the onions. Shred the meat with 2 forks discarding any remaining fat, skin or bones. The fat will be melted away mostly.
- Back to the shredded meat; the crock pot’s onions, stir in the sauce of BBQ. Cook continuously for more 4 to 6 hours on slow or low.
Now, it’s ready to serve with rolls or hamburger and additional BBQ sauce. Freeze any leftovers well for next servings.
Note 1 – Butt or shoulder is recommended as the meat shreds nicely. Other cuts aren’t getting shred readily. It’s a cut with heavy fat, but the fat gets melted away while cooking. It gets poured away at the time of discarding the liquid.
Note 2 – I have used an older and smaller crock pot that the above times worked for me greatly. But, if you’re using a bigger and newer crockpot, you just need a different time. You need a couple of hours for the bigger crock pot. As a result, you should use your own and the best judgment o the timing.
Note 3 – You may like to turn the roast over after cooking to ensure cooking evenly. It depends on the size & shape of the roast along with the size of the slow cooker. Keep in mind, each time you remove the lid, you lose the continuation of heat and it may interrupt your cooking.
Pulled Pork Recipe Ready In: 18hrs 30mins
Pulled Pork Recipe Serves: 10 Persons