Today, we’re going to share the oven baked chicken recipe which is mouthwatering when comes with rice. These tasty chicken thighs with the coating in a beautiful rub cook on top of fluffy soft rice. You can make these all in the oven. This is because the dinner doesn’t get any better than this one dish surprise. As it fills with onions, garlic but you can add in plump garlic butter mushrooms! It’s one of the easy and healthy recipes are the winner of a chicken dinner. As it’s said that you can make all entirely in the oven so that you need not a stove. This rice in this recipe is outrageously appetizing! Although it’s buttery and garlicky, tender, not mushy.
So, let’s see what you need and how to make this Oven Baked Chicken Recipe. As we go ahead, here is a secret tip is to briefly bake onion with garlic and butter before adding the rice, liquids, and chicken. This is why it adds a great flavor to the food.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 Minutes
- Servings: 6 persons
What Do You Need for Oven Baked Chicken Recipe?
- 1 onion, chopped (brown, white or yellow)
- 5 chicken thigh fillets, bone in, skin OFF
- 2 cloves garlic (large), minced
- 1 1/2 cups / 270 g long grain white rice
- 2 tbsp/ 30 g butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml chicken broth/stock, warmed
- 1 1/4 cups / 312 ml water, hot (tap is fine)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Black pepper
How to Make the Oven Baked Chicken Recipe?
- Use a preheat oven as its 200C/390F (standard) or 180C/350F (fan/convection).
- Take a baking dish of (10 x 15″ / 25 x 35) cm so that you can scatter onion and garlic then place butter in the center. Bake for 15 minutes (check at 12 minutes, mix if some bits are browning too much).
- In the meantime, mix together Chicken Rub and sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- When removing baking dish from the oven, put rice then mix.
- Keep chicken on rice and then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken.
- Now, cover with foil, and then bake for 35 minutes. When you remove foil, bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Wait for 5 minutes, and then remove chicken and fluff up rice. It’s ready to serve as well as enjoy!