This is a very tasty Indian Salad item and goes very much with bar-b-q meats. The preparation takes half an hour only and serves 451 calories.
- One and a half cups of brown rice
- Four cups of water
- One can of asparagus tips (drained)
- One red bell pepper (seedless and diced)
- Tow red apples (cored and diced)
- Quarter cup of raisin
- Half cup of cream
- One teaspoon of curry powder
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of salt (add according to taste)
- One teaspoon pepper (add according to taste)
- Mix rice with water in a pan and boil on the heat. Cover the lid and leave it for 30 minutes on low heat. Check the rice to find it soft. Then drain the gruel and cool.
- By the time take the raisins in a bowl and pour hot water to dip into the raisins. Leave it this way for 20 minutes. At last drain.
- In a different bowl beat cream until foamy. Add salt, pepper, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Now mix brown rice with asparagus, pepper, raisins and apples. Add curry cream.
- Place into refrigerator and chill for an hour or until you serve.