You fall in love with Aligue dishes if you taste it for one time because it’s one of the awesome cooking recipes that’ll thrill you. This is completely incredibly tasty Aligue dish so savory when it comes to seafood. But, you might not familiar with the term “Aligue”. Well, this Filipino word, which means in English, is “Crab Fat”. It’s a delicious orange-red substance available inside of the crab’s shell. Taste the freshest flavors of the sea with this crisp, flavorful dish so that you can enjoy this dish with a bowl of steamy white rice!
This source of the culinary treat is the larger crabs or sometimes the more appetizing tiny shore crabs that calls talangka as it named Taba ng talangka. Its taste is fantastic must not eat many because it comes with a large amount of cholesterol. There are so many kinds of Aligue dishes and here we’re presenting one of them. Okay, let’s know how to prepare the Aligue dishes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
What You Need for Aligue Dishes as Ingredients
- 1 medium garlic when it’s minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup crab fat (aligue), either bottled or homemade
- 2 pieces blue crab (alimasag)
- 1 teaspoon calamansi
- 6 pieces scallops, shell-on
- 3 to 6 sprigs cilantro (wansoy)
- 6 pieces tiger prawns (sugpo) when they’re fresh and not frozen.
- Tilapia is as Optional
How to Cook
- Use a large pan to Heat up oil, then add the garlic and cook the garlic just until it becomes tender.
- Add aligue ng talangka and heat them until it loosens up and softens because the pure ones are generally very thick. Now, add some more olive oil if you consider needing, but not more than 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add the sliced siling Haba or green chili and reserve some pieces for garnish.
- Add all the fresh seafood and allow them to steam in the Aaligue either for up to 8-10 minutes or until they all turn bright orange color.
- Then, transfer them to a serving plate with all the juices and the sauce. As it drizzles with freshly squeezed calamansi, so sprinkle with pieced sprigs of cilantro and siling haba.