It’s a healthy salad recipe, which is a sweet-and-savory fruit salad recipe as well. This is so tasty and sweet because here is sweet watermelon that is not only healthy but tasty also. As a result, if you want its flesh to be really sweet so that all the savory ingredients, such as the capers, the olives, the feta. These all make it shine. So, watermelon is a sweet counterpoint to the briny pungency of feta and olives in this summer salad. Besides, the nutritional values of this healthy salad recipe are so high to understand how important it in this hot and dry season.
- Total Time: 30 min
- Prep Time: 5
- Servings: 6
What You Need for this Healthy Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus ¼ cup when it’s divided
- ½ cup fresh mint when it’s as the thinly sliced
- 5 cups watermelon (1-inch) when it’s as the diced
- ¼ cup capers when it’s as rinsed
- ⅓ Cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Ground pepper so that it becomes tasty
- ½ cup fresh basil when it’s as thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Flaky sea salt for garnish
- ⅔ Cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds when it’s as lightly toasted
How to Make this Healthy Salad Recipe
- Use a small saucepan to heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. And, pat capers dry and add to the hot oil. You have to cook, stirring, until crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Now, you have to use a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. (Discard the oil.)
- Next, whisk the remaining ¼ cup oil in a large bowl with olives, vinegar and a generous grinding of pepper.
- Put watermelon, basil, and mint and gently toss to coat. Place in a large shallow serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with feta, almonds and the crispy capers. Decorate with sea salt, if desired.