As a healthy dinner recipe, the cilantro lime shrimp scampi is one of the great choices. This is because the cilantro lime shrimp with zucchini noodles is basically drooling praiseworthy. The combination of the lime and cilantro makes a dish of full-flavored that tastes like the restaurant quality, while just taking minutes to get ready! Besides, it comes with a perfect low-carb option when you’re in search of a quick healthy dinner, which is packed with taste. Usually, shrimp scampi is cooked in a sauce of lemon, butter, and garlic that’s one of the popular meals.
Since the other day, we were enjoying some cilantro lime grilled shrimp and we could not help but think that the fabulous cilantro and lime flavor combo would be great for shrimp scampi. We mean if you take something that’s already good, you can only find something even better! The good things are such as butter and garlic or combine it with something else that’s great, including lime and cilantro. So, let us describe what you need to prepare this healthy dinner recipe and how to do it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
What You Need for this Healthy Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24), shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth or shrimp broth or vegetable broth
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
How to Make this Healthy Dinner Recipe
- At first, you have to melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing. Then, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. After that flip put the red pepper flakes and garlic and continue cooking for 1 more minute prior to setting the shrimp to one side.
- Put the lime juice and white wine to the pan and then deglaze it, cook for 2 minutes and add the zucchini noodles. Now, cook them either just tender or about 2 minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper. Here, add the shrimp, cilantro, and lime zest tossing the whole thing and remove from the heat.
Cooking Tip: You have to cut the zucchini into noodles with either a mandoline or a spiralizer.