Bourbon recipe with skinless chicken is one of those dishes that always look like to pop up in the food courts of the mall. This is originally New Orleans and named for Bourbon Street. Also, for the bourbon in the sauce, even though it has a decidedly Asian flavor. It’s totally delicious and super easy to make at home whatever the origins! This bourbon chicken is not only flavorful but amazingly appetizing as well where the chicken is marinated in a bourbon and soy sauce. Seriously even if, this dish is so simple and the skills require whisking all the marinade ingredients together after that simply cooking the chicken.
What the great thing about this dish is that you can prepare this the night before and just let it marinate overnight. So, when you come home from work the next day what you have to do is just cook the chicken. That’s why it’s a healthy recipe as well. Now, let’s see what you need and how to make this bourbon recipe with skinless chicken.
Quick Notes about Bourbon Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Calories: 332 kcal
What You Need to Make Bourbon Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces when it’s boneless and skinless.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper so that it becomes tasty
- 1/4 cup bourbon apple juice can be substituted
- 1 teaspoon garlic when it’s minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce when it’s low sodium
- 2 tablespoons green onions when it’s sliced but it’s optional
How to Make Bourbon Recipe
- Use a large pan and heat the oil in it over medium-high heat and then season the chicken with salt and pepper so that it becomes tasty.
- Put the chicken in the pan and cook for either 4-5 minutes on each side or until it becomes golden brown and cooked through. Now, add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- When the chicken is cooking, in a medium bowl whisk together the bourbon, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, water, cornstarch, and soy sauce.
- Put the sauce mixture over the chicken and then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for either 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- You can add some green onions and serve immediately, if wish, use over rice.