In this easy pasta recipe, there is not included basil. Instead of that, this recipe uses asparagus, as well as a little spinach. This is based on the easy and simple recipe where it takes one more step. That’s to add another element, which comes near to getting away from pesto completely and using a blended raw sauce. But, you’ll find it so terrifying because the pesto is impossible to call it something else. This easy paste recipe of pistachio asparagus pesto on linguine is fairly the simplest recipe that you can make it at your home. The recipe we have listed below is must be enough to entertain your full family along with friends as well. Now, let us describe what you need to prepare this easy pasta recipe and how to do it.
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 4 servings
What You Need for This Easy Pasta Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus when the ends are removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons pistachios when they are toasted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound pasta
How to Make This Easy Pasta Recipe
- Take a big pot of salted water so that you can boil. Add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes when it’s ready. In a bowl of ice water, remove from the water and shock.
- You have to drain and then put on a cutting board. Slice off the tips and set aside and the roughly chop the rest.
- In a food processor, add a cup of the chopped asparagus as well as the garlic, spinach, 2 tablespoons pistachios, Parmesan, lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Then, blend until it becomes a paste.
- In the pot of boiling water, add the pasta so that you can cook according to the directions on the box. Keep a 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta when done, and return to the still hot pot. You have to add 1 cup of the pesto and half of the pasta water. Stir well and if it is excessively dry, you have to add some more water.
- You have to chop the remaining pistachios. Finally, serve the pasta and decorate with the pistachios, and more grated Parmesan. You can season with pepper and salt to taste.