Today’s another easy making of bean salad recipe along with charred lemons. Besides, the creamy avocado, salty feta cheese, and sweet-bitter caramelized lemon slices make this vegetarian bean salad recipe a standout. Since using different colors, sizes, as a result, shapes of beans makes this salad extra special. But any bean that interests you, even canned, will work. So, this is one of the easiest and simple salad recipes that you can make it at your home with simple effort.
Prep Time: 15 m
Ready In: 30 m
What You Need for this Easy Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 lemon, when it’s halved and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil when it’s divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 cups Bibb or butter lettuce, torn if large
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ripe avocado when it’s thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups beans when it’s mixed cooked
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Make this Easy Bean Salad Recipe
- Use a preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put lemon slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. After that, roast until golden brown and crisp in spots, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the remaining oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add beans, feta, and avocado. Toss to combine.
- Finally, you can add lettuce and toss to coat. Also, you can top with the lemons and serve immediately just before serving.
What is the Nutrition information of Bean Salad Recipe?
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: 280 calories; 20 g fat(4 g sat); 8 g fiber; 19 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 66 mcg folate;13 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 1,918 IU vitamin A; 10 mg vitamin C; 135 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 367 mg sodium; 508 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (38% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1½
- Exchanges: ½ starch, ½ lean protein, 3 fat