This is so easy healthy recipe that takes only 15 minutes and requires just five common ingredients. It’s a famous spaghetti recipe with garlic and olive oil. In this fan-favorite recipe, it gets a boost of welcome heat from a generous pinch of red pepper flakes, while the sauce comes together in a quick sauté. Besides, it just uses a few splashes of pasta water to create a silky sauce out of the garlic slices and oil. Go ahead and slurp up each and every noodle and revel in that garlicky flavor.
- Total: 15 min
- Active: 15 min
- Level: Easy
- Yield: 6 servings
What You Need to Make this Easy Healthy Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti when it’s in the dry condition
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil when it’s in the more finishing condition
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes when it’s in the more crushing condition
- 4 cloves garlic when they are thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rough-chopped fresh parsley
How to Make this Easy Healthy Recipe
- Take a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook, stirring after 1 minute, until about three-quarters of the way done.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook until just beginning to turn golden brown, and then add the parsley. Put a ladle of the pasta water to stop the cooking process and allow the flavors to combine.
- Once the pasta is three-quarters of the way cooked, remove it from the water and add it to the sauté pan. Add more pasta water as necessary to finish cooking the pasta, letting the liquid reduce as the pasta finishes forming a sauce.
- Now, season with salt if desired and transfer to a large serving dish. Sprinkle with more olive oil and serve.