This is an easy chicken recipe that names chicken piccata with lemon sauce. The luscious and light lemon sauce wonderfully pops while not being so acidic to eat. You can use lemon-rice pilaf or, herb-roasted potatoes while serving it. The recipe uses half the oil than the classic while not sacrificing any flavor so that is a great taste. If you don’t have a small heavy skillet or meat mallet, you can use a wooden rolling pin. But, make sure whether all the chicken’s pound into an even thinness so it cooks evenly. You also can try the chicken with couscous, mashed potatoes or, angel hair pasta while serving. These all make it an easy and healthy dinner recipe, but fancy enough while serving your guests.
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Prep. Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25
- Skinless and boneless – 2 chicken breasts while it’s butter-flied and then cut in half
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- All-purpose flour while dredging
- Butter which is unsalted – 6 tablespoons
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 5 tablespoons
- Fresh lemon juice – 1/3 cup
- Chicken stock – 1/2 cup
- Brined capers – 1/4 cup which is rinsed
- Fresh parsley – 1/3 cup which is chopped
- First, use pepper and salt while seasoning your chicken. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Take a large skillet and heat it the medium-high; melt butter and olive oil respectively 2 and 3 tablespoons. Add 2 pieces of chicken while starting sizzling oil and butter and cook them for 3 minutes. When chicken is brown, flip to cook another side of chicken for another 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate while removing from skillet.
- Continue the method of chicken browning while using butter and oil for other pieces of chicken.
- Now, use a pan so that you can add the lemon juice, capers, and stock.
- Return to your stove while bringing to boil and scraping up a brown bit from the pan so that it becomes tastier. Check it whether seasoning is OK or not.
- Place all chicken in the pan and that need simmering for 5 minutes. And then, remove chicken to a platter and add remaining butter. Whisk it vigorously and pour sauce over chicken while garnishing with parsley.