The quick dinner recipe of chicken saltimbocca with spinach and potatoes start off with crisp, tender potato rounds and soft bundles of garlicky spinach. This is how it creates the base for the herbed chicken that’s covered with melted cheese and salty prosciutto. As a result, it’s basically the dish chicken breast has been waiting for. You’d argue that paying a little extra for convenience is worth it when the goal is getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes. This is the recipe that swaps your regular chicken breasts for thinly sliced chicken cutlets. As saltimbocca means “jump in the mouth” so you can guess how it will be tasty. It’s apt for a fast dish that marries woodsy sage, and bright lemon.
Besides, this healthy recipe swaps your regular chicken breasts for thinly sliced chicken cutlets. It may be prepared by either your grocery store butcher or purchased pre-cut. When it comes to weeknight dinners these thin cuts of meat have star power because they cook so quickly. So, let’s know what you need and how to prepare quick dinner recipe that’ll entertain your entire family.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
What Do You Need For This Quick Dinner Recipe?
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, which is about 2 pounds total
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper when it’s divided
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, which is about 6 ounces
- 12 small fresh sage leaves, when it’s divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound baby new potatoes when it’s sliced in half lengthwise, but quartered if large
- 1 garlic clove when it’s finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt when it’s divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets when it’s drained, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 bunch curly kale (about 8 ounces), ribs and stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 (18×13″) rimmed baking sheets
How to Make This Quick Dinner Recipe?
- After positioning the racks in upper and lower thirds of oven, preheat the oven to 425°F. Put together chicken cutlets in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Season them with 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Now, put 1 sage leaf on top of each cutlet, then wrap each in 1 slice of prosciutto, making sure cutlet stays flat, which is starting from the top and wrapping in a single layer.
- Chop finely the remaining 4 sage leaves and toss with potatoes, garlic, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper on the second rimmed baking sheet.
- Now, cook chicken in the upper third of oven and potatoes in lower third until prosciutto is crisp and insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, 12-14 minutes.
- Whisk anchovies, vinegar, honey, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a large bowl; In the meantime and add kale and toss to coat.
- Take away both baking sheets from oven; let chicken rest. Put kale evenly over potatoes and return to the upper third of the oven. Roast until potatoes are tender and kale is browned at edges, about 5 minutes more.
- Make part of the chicken among 4 plates. Serve potatoes and kale alongside.