This is Cajun Chicken Cassoulet, which is the classic French slow-cook dish of chicken recipe. It’s a one-pot meal while incorporating Cajun ingredients, including Cajun sausage, seasoning with okra slice. The recipe doesn’t cook all day. It’s a new favorite cooking appliance literally when you decide to smoke all over. You use a rack or a tray while cooking and comes so many delicious. You can test its variations if you like, but this is our foolproof dinner recipe to get the full taste. You’ll find it super hands-off, handy and easy to make! This is so tasty that’s enough to make your family smiley!
- Cajun smoked sausage – 1 package that comes with 16 ounces into ½ inch slices
- Chicken thighs – 6 skinned and boned, which is about 2 and a half pound
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1, which is large and chopping
- Green bell pepper – 1, which is medium-size and chopping
- Celery ribs – 2, which chopping
- Garlic – 4 cloves that chopping
- Cannellini beans – 2 can, which is about 16 ounces
- Tomatoes – 1 can, which dices about 14 ounces
- Chicken broth – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Okra – 1/2 packages that are about 16 ounces with slice and thaw.
- Cajun seasoning – 1 1/2 teaspoons
Preheat your oven up to 400 Degree F while cooking sausage in a large cast-iron Dutch with medium heat. Stir them occasionally that need to cook for 5 minutes or, until it becomes brown. Use a slotted spoon while removing sausage and drain on paper towel and reserving drippings in Dutch oven.
Sprinkle salt on the chicken, which needs to continue cooking over medium heat for 3 minutes each side. Or, continue cook while it becomes brown. Now, remove them from the Dutch oven and add onion and 3 ingredients to Dutch oven. Cook it for 5 minutes until your onion is tender. Add next four ingredients with beans, chicken, and sausage while needing to cover it with lead.
Cover while baking at 400 Degree F for 40 minutes or until it bubbly. Sprinkle with toasted herb if you like.