This American-French recipe combines both American and French flavor. The preparation this Onion Soup is easy and takes only one hour and a half, and servers 470 calories. Soups are commonly wholesome and tasty. This soup tastes good and ensures your health.
- Quarter cup of butter
- Six large size onions (diced)
- One tablespoon of vinegar
- Four cups of chicken broth
- Four cups of beef broth
- Three sprigs of thyme
- One teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper (ground)
- French bread (six slices)
- Quarter cup of butter (melted)
- One cup of Cheddar Cheese (extra sharp)
- One cup of Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- Before you start to let the oven heat at 450°
- Melt some butter using the oven. Take out the melted butter and add onions and stir until all onions are coated. Then place into the oven again to be tender and brown. Allow one hour for this.
- Now start cooking the buttered onions on the stove until thickens and gets sticky to the pan bottom. Now pour sherry with vinegar into it and boil. Continue stirring with a spatula.
- Now pour the onions in a soup pot and add chicken broth, thyme to it. Cut off the foam if there appear any. Let it cook at low heat and allow simmering of one hour.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste.
- Make your oven heat and place the rack 4 to 6 inches above.
- Smear slices of French bread with butter, put on baking sheet in the oven until it turns brown and crispy.
- Take ladleful soup in a bowl (heatproof) and place toasted bread on each bowl, spread some Cheddar Cheese and Monterey Cheese.
- Continue heating the soups until Cheese turns golden and bubbles appear on the top. This may take around 5 to 7 minutes.